Is there anything better than a meal that’s quick, versatile, andsatisfying?! We think not! This Easy Baked Cod hits all those marks — and more! It’s fresh, features a rainbow of spring vegetables, yields perfectly cooked, flaky fish, and is ready in 30 minutes!
It starts with adding the veggies to the baking sheet. We love using bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, and red onion, but you could get creative here! We recommend keeping the red onion because it adds natural sweetness and the kalamata olives because they add a lovely saltiness and healthy monounsaturated fat, too.
For waves of flavor, we toss the veggies with lemon zest, lemon slices, fresh garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, and parsley.
Then we make space for the cod fillets, sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and cover with veggies to seal in moisture and yield perfectly flaky fish.
After about 15 minutes in the oven, a beautiful and nutrient-packed meal is yours to enjoy!
We hope you LOVE this baked cod with veggies! It’s:
& SO satisfying!
More Delicious Spring Meals
- Spring Buddha Bowl with Quinoa & Lemony White Beans
- Tofu Noodle Stir-Fry with Spring Vegetables
- Curry-Roasted Fennel Salad with Rosemary Tahini Dressing
- Vegan Risotto with Miso and Spring Vegetables
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Easy Baked Cod with Spring Vegetables
- 1Tbsplemon zest(1 lemon yields ~1 Tbsp zest)
- 1/2mediumlemon, thinly sliced
- 1bunchasparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces(thin stems are best, otherwise cut in half lengthwise // 1 bunch yields ~1 lb or 453 g)
- 1cupcherry tomatoes
- 1mediumyellow or orange bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2mediumred onion, halved and thinly sliced(1/2 medium onion yields ~1 cup sliced)
- 1/4 – 1/2cupwhole kalamata olives
- 2Tbspolive oil
- 1/2tspsea salt
- 1/4tspblack pepper
- 3large clovesgarlic, minced
- 2Tbspchopped fresh parsley
- 4(4-6-oz.)cod fillets(4 fillets yield 1-1 ½ lbs)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and set out a large baking sheet.
- Zest the lemon (you should get about 1 Tbsp of lemon zest), then slice half of the lemon into thin slices. Reserve the other half for another use.
- To the baking sheet, add the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, olives, olive oil, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon slices, garlic, and parsley. Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer, leaving space for the fish fillets.
- Pat the cod dry and place on the baking sheet. Sprinkle the fillets with a pinch each of salt and pepper, then arrange some of the veggies over the fish.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F (63 C).
- Best when fresh. Leftovers will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days. Not freezer friendly.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with 4-ounce fillets and the lesser amount of olives.