Most of our smoothie recipes have bananas, and some of you happen to dislike bananas. (Weird, I know – some of my friends and family included!)
So, when I recently ran out of bananas but was still craving a smoothie, I discovered this recipe, which would be perfect for those of you who aren’t in love with bananas but still want a delicious, creamy smoothie.
Let’s do this!
This recipe requires just 6 ingredients, 1 blender, and 5 minutes – simple, just the way I like it.
Instead of bananas for a creamy, sweet base, I relied on another favorite: mango!
And for a gorgeous pink hue and dose of antioxidants, I added in a mixture of strawberries and raspberries. Frozen fruit makes the creamiest, dreamiest smoothies. But if yours is fresh, simply add 1-2 cups of ice to chill things down.
Next up are lime for some acidity, ginger for a bit of spice, coconut milk and shredded coconut for a bit of coconut flavor, and a pinch of cayenne to bring a bit of heat (optional but recommended!).
Mmm, look at that creamy goodness. All that’s left to do is enjoy as is or layer and garnish with delicious toppings!
I went for my Easy 2-Ingredient Coconut Yogurt, but full-fat coconut milk works wonders as well for that sultry swirl effect. And on top, I went with more raspberries, a bit of lime, and a spoonful of coconut flakes. Yes, please.
I hope you all LOVE this smoothie! It’s:
Gingery + subtly spicy
& SO delicious
This would make the perfect on-the-go smoothie in the mornings or even a post-workout snack if you add in a little of your favorite protein powder.
If you’re into smoothies, be sure to check out my Go-To 5-Minute Smoothie Bowl, 5-Ingredient Detox Smoothie, Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie, Watermelon Chia Strawberry Smoothie, and Ginger Colada Green Smoothie!
If you try this recipe, let us know how it goes. Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Gingery Mango & Berry Smoothie
- 2 1/4cupsfrozen chopped mango (if fresh, add 1 cup ice)
- 1 1/4cupsfrozen raspberries and/or strawberries (I mixed both)
- 1-2cupslight coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1mediumlime, juiced(~3 Tbsp or 45 ml as original recipe is written)
- 2Tbspfresh ginger
- 1Tbspunsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8scant tspcayenne pepper(optional)
- 1-2Tbspprotein powder of choice or hemp seeds(optional)
FOR SERVING optional
- Coconut Yogurt or full-fat coconut milk
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Hemp seeds
- To a high-speed blender add mango, berries, coconut or almond milk (starting with the lesser amount), lime, ginger, shredded coconut, cayenne pepper (optional), and protein powder of choice (optional).
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. If it has trouble blending, add more coconut, almond milk, or water.
- Serve as is or layer with coconut yogurt or milk and top with desired toppings. I prefer berries, hemp seeds, and coconut flake.
- Enjoy fresh or refrigerate leftovers for 3 days. Or store in the freezer (as a smoothie or Popsicles) up to 1 month.