We always love the chance to highlight our favorite veggies, and the star of the show today is the (crunchy & sweet) snap pea! Our obsession with snap peas started earlier this year when we discovered the magic that is sautéed snap peas, and now we’re bringing you a simple and fresh snap pea salad!
How to Make Snap Pea Salad
This recipe starts with a simple, lemony, mustard-infused dressing that contrasts beautifully with the crunchy, subtly sweet snap peas. It has waves of flavor from fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and shallot with maple syrup to provide a little sweet balance and olive oil for richness.
To minimize dirty dishes, we mix the dressing in a large serving bowl and then add the remaining ingredients straight into that bowl. But feel free to shake up the dressing in a jar if you’re making it ahead or if that’s more your style.
The remaining salad ingredients include fresh basil (or other soft herbs like mint or tarragon) for herby goodness, chopped pistachios for richness and crunch, and optional red pepper flakes for a little heat and color contrast.
Give it a toss, and prepare your tastebuds for deliciousness!
We hope you LOVE this snap pea salad! It’s:
& Addictively delicious!
More Fresh & Simple Sides
- Crunchy Jicama Slaw (1 Bowl!)
- Creamy Vegan Cucumber Salad (German-Inspired!)
- Perfect Roasted Asparagus
- Easy Vegan Polenta (Super Creamy!)
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo @minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Snap Pea Salad with Zesty Lemon Vinaigrette
- 2Tbsplemon juice
- 2Tbspolive oil
- 1clovegarlic, minced or grated
- 1 ½tspDijon mustard
- 1tspmaple syrup(or honey if not vegan)
- 2Tbspfinely chopped shallot(optional)
- 1/2tspsea salt(plus more to taste)
- 1/4tspblack pepper
- 4cupsthinly sliced sugar snap peas, ends trimmed, sliced at a diagonal
- 1/4cupchopped fresh basil(plus more for garnish // or sub tarragon or mint leaves)
- 1/4cuproughly chopped roasted salted pistachios(plus more for garnish // or sub other roasted salted nut or seed of choice)
- 1/8 -1/4tspcrushed red pepper flakes(optional)
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mustard, maple syrup or honey, shallot (optional), salt, and pepper. Whisk to emulsify.
- SALAD: To the same bowl, add the snap peas, basil, and pistachios and toss to combine and coat with the dressing. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more lemon juice for brightness, maple syrup for sweetness, or salt to taste.
- Garnish with additional basil and pistachios and the red pepper flakes (optional). Serve right away.
- Best when fresh. The dressing can be made up to 3 days in advance by adding the ingredients to a jar with a lid and shaking to combine. Let it come to room temperature before tossing with the snap peas, basil, and pistachios. Not freezer friendly.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.